Kopf KF6029: Hellboy, Classic Yondu, Classic Luke Cage, and more Super Hero Minifigs Review

First previewed here!



One of my favorite minifig sets recently. Mainly because it's mostly Marvel figs!

KF357 - Vindicator/Guardian
KF358  - Captain Canuck
KF359 - Classic Yondu (Original GOTG)
KF360 - Melter
KF361 - Prowler
KF362 - Classic Luke Cage
KF363 - Fixer: Techno
KF364 - Hellboy


First of all, they come with these kinds of base plates. Not a big deal for me, but most prefer the POGO type, as far as I know.


Now for Vindicator/Guardian and Captain Canuck. Guardian is from Marvel's Alpha Flight and I know that Captain Canuck isn't Marvel or DC.
Both figs are great in terms of plastic quality and print quality! Same could be said for all of them, to be honest. Only thing bad here is my camera quality.. LOL.



Nothing on the sides for both of them. Also, Guardian comes with a shield, but as far as I know, he doesn't really use one. Thanks anyway, Kopf, for the shield accessory!


Back printing. Nice Canadian flag design for Guardian!


Now for classic Yondu, who is set to appear in TLG Marvel Superheroes 2 game, but with a different [classic] look and Melter, a Marvel villain. No complaints with both of them again, except maybe one issue:


Yondu's mouth has a scratch, sadly. Not too big at least.


Side prints. Also, Melter comes with a gun, but like Guardian, he doesn't really use one. Thanks again, Kopf, for the extra gun at least!


Other side. Different arm colors for Yondu along with different prints; nicely done too.


Back printing. Yondu doesn't come with a quiver accessory and I'm alright with it, they at least still printed it on! Great job! No dual molding though for those curious.


Prowler and Luke Cage (finally!!). Luke comes with a chain that he uses, I think, but then I think I'll be displaying him without it because he already has a chain on his waist.


Nothing but good stuff to say for both of them again. Only issue maybe is that there is a small gap between the hair and tiara on Luke; it's not too noticeable or large though so generally it's alright!


Sides.


Identical sides.


Simple back prints, but still good.


No alternate faces. (Sorry of lighting AGAIN, camera is really bad right now, but at least I still have it..)


Now for Fixer/Techno of Marvel's Thunderbolts and Hellboy. Both are great again, I only have one issue with Hellboy.


Oh and Hellboy comes with an AK, but I would've preferred his iconic gun, the big looking pistol.


Underneath the armor and without the coat. If you don't want the coat, then maybe you can just replace the arms with plain red ones!



Side prints. Good details on Hellboy's printing too.


Back prints.


My only problem: Hellboy's coat seemed too... short crosswise.. It was very difficult putting the coat on and it often got stuck between the arm attachment. Maybe I just suck, but my other figs don't have this issue. So yes, I'm not a fan of the coat but you can either replace the coat OR replace the arms into red and remove the coat. It would've been great for Kopf to give us plain red arms too, that would've made this the ultimate minifig.

Anyway, I was really surprised that AngeloMarcus Greenhills got this set during the weekend after I posted a preview. It could be that AngeloMarcus really is just quick at releasing or Kopf released these quick/the previews late or I saw the preview late or all three. Anyway, doesn't really matter much anymore because they're here already and they're amazing!

Good job, Kopf.

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. I was going to get a Hellboy off eBay for $25 and a day later this was available! Can't wait til mine comes in. Lucky timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I've heard of many instances like that, some are unlucky though and give in to buying the more expensive counterparts.. Hahaha enjoy your minifig when it arrives! :D

      Delete
  2. im goin to order another few of theses going to swap the arms one i like that idea and do anung un rama wit lokis helmet with abit of work done to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see the outcome of your MOC someday! :D

      Delete
  3. The Luke Cage I bought has a face print that's too low. Yours is just fine! Maybe I'll buy another on with a better printed minifig head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still with the face print was still generally a bit higher, or at least just the tiara so it gives that illusion that the tiara is really on the hair..

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy there! Always a big thanks to your reviews!
    Quick question - is KF364 (Hellboy) the same as WM439 (Hellboy)?
    I am aiming for the side prints. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment